After sleeping for 6-8 hours, your body is naturally dehydrated as soon as you wake up. You may already know you should drink a full glass of water upon waking, but now you can enhance the benefits of drinking plain water by adding lemon juice to your water. Not only will this quench your thirst better, but it also adds nutritious vitamins and minerals right away. It’s best to use room temperature or slightly warm water. I usually use an 8-ounce glass of water with the juice of at least 1/2 medium sized lemon.
Adding lemon to water not only quenches thirst better than any other beverage, but it also nourishes our body with vitamins, minerals and trace elements which we absolutely need. Lemon with water can be considered the best natural energy booster. When we wake up in the morning, our bodily tissues are dehydrated and are in need of water to push out toxins and rejuvenate the cells. In other words, this homemade “lemonade” helps eliminate internal toxins, regulating proper kidney and digestive tract functions by forcing them to work as smoothly as possible.
20 Unbelievable Reasons To Start Your Day With Water and Lemon
- Water with lemon provides the body with electrolytes which hydrate your body. As lemons contain good amounts of electrolytes such as potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
- Water with lemon is good for the joints, reducing pain in the joints and muscles.
- Warm water with lemon helps digestion as lemon contains citric acid. It interacts with other enzymes and acids which easily stimulate the secretion of gastric juice and digestion.
- The liver produces more enzymes from water with lemon than from any other food.
- Water with lemon cleanses the liver. Lemon juice stimulates the liver to release toxins.
For 15 additional reasons to drink lemon water, please continue here on livingtraditionally.com.